Founded in 1979, Southside Montessori is an
Australian Independent Pre and Primary School
which teaches in the tradition of the Montessori
Philosophy. Southside Montessori School's
mission is to nurture the whole child, within the Montessori Philosophy to become an
independent, educated and socially responsible
We are committed to Montessori Education,
evolved from the original work of Dr Maria Montessori.
We acknowledge her belief that there is a close relationship between movement and cognition.
That the best learning is active in nature, and that order and beauty is beneficial for learning and growth.
- Inspire and enrich the child to grow into confident, happy and purposeful contributors to a global world
- View each child as an individual learner
- Provide a carefully prepared learning environment that nurtures the developmental needs of each child
- Support the development of a love of learning through active participation, self-discovery and exploration
- Embrace the culturally diverse backgrounds of our community and foster a community that embraces tolerance and cooperation